Iris ID has been producing commercial iris recognition systems since 1997. In thousands of locations, IrisAccess® authenticates the iris identity of more persons than all other iris platforms combined. Iris ID’s rich experience in iris recognition is exemplified in the iCAM TD100.
Previous handheld iris recognition systems required significant cooperation and for a subject to remain completely motionless in order to capture high quality iris images. Iris ID has developed a series of algorithms which provide the capability to capture iris images while either the person or the device is in motion. The “iris in motion” capability helps to realize new horizons in market applications for the technology.
High Speed – Dual Iris capture
The iCAM TD100 includes an optical system specifically designed and optimized to operate in perfect unison with the integrated high speed multi-sensor iris imager array. The iCAM TD100 automatically processes and outputs high quality ISO standards compliant iris images of a subject in less than one second as the device or the subject approaches the optimum capture distance.
Iris Image Capture Process
Fully automatic dual iris image capture and quality analysis routines are available as a part of the Iris ID SDK API set for the field application of the iCAM TD100. An illustration of the iris capture GUI screen is shown below. Iris ID’s iData SDK runtime license for iris enrollment and quality assessment is available for use with the iData TD100 module subsystem. Iris and face capture are performed by the operator extending their arm from the face capture distance to the iris capture distance as illustrated below.
Face Image Capture
- The face capture API function is included in the SDK.
- The integrated framing function provides feedback for the capture of a properly formatted ISO/ICAO face image.
- Manual face capture with auto focus is also possible through the camera calls in the iData SDK sample application.
- An application developer can also use host based face finding to trigger the face capture automatically from the host processor.
- Face capture can be initiated through API or via the shutter button on the iCAM TD100.
- Sample illustrations of face capture modes are shown below.